Thursday, August 29, 2013

#3: A Cinderella Story--Not.

     Well with this open ended of a blog post assignment, who knows where to begin? Here goes. Having spent the past 17 or more years with Vineet, I understand him as a logical, passionate teacher and learner.  A veritable Birbal, I consider myself to be well versed in logical, novel solutions to problems and analysis that serve a higher purpose. Although I don’t consider myself to be serving in the court of a Mughal emperor, I still work best in situations where I can see the purpose behind the assignments. This is how my passion works, and how my logical input follows. For this reason, in any group setting, I would be an excellent elaborator. My mind works well in tracing explanations and rationalizing arguments.

     But, beyond this fact, I am a strong proponent of communication. Even though each member of a group has skills, what is it if they can’t even talk to each other? Early on, I sense that this is a problem that we may have. That’s why I strive to not have Three Blind Men and an Elephant in our group. My passion for teaching and learning means I will naturally ask questions to keep our group focused on certain goals, although I’m sure they will do the same to me. I will strive to make sure that everyone is on the same page and that every person’s part, individually comprises something greater, much like the Elephant. In the end, I’m sure that our group will do very well. We have a diverse group that is multitalented and we will be sure to keep one another in check. How was that for introspection?

No comments:

Post a Comment